May 18, 2008

What...???

I recently heard that the State Office for the Animal Control (OECA in spanish) wants to keep citizens from feeding stray animals and they are trynig to make it legally. Are they saying that they want to punish the few people that are trying to make something good while pet dumpers keep getting away with it with no punishment at all? Can someone explain to me why OECA considers feeding the animals and giving them medications such a threat that they want to prohibit it??? Do you realize how stupid that is? Aren't starving animals to death and deny them medical care already against the law? Why they don't push to have the animal protection law ENFORCED instead, so people stop abandoning their pets in he first place? Why they are not punishing this people?

1 comment:

Deb said...

I have to agree with you. I love animals, and can't imagine humans being so cruel to them at any stage. I know my dog has chewed my shoe or something not for her to have, but that was my fault and I can't beat her for that. But the abuse these poor animals are getting is unreal to me. I watched Steve on the Ellen show today, thank you for what you ALL are doing.