Jun 30, 2008

Jodie

JODIE
I just found out that there is a second puppy with Maggie and Jade. I assume it's Jade's sibling. She's a little bigger in size but same age. I named her Jodie. All 3 of them are close to the border where small boats dock and they can fall into the ocean from there (the border is around 8 feet high). I don't know how to keep them away from there. I also saw this one today for the first time. She's young--maybe 8 months old--and she's obviously new too. I just hate summers for this! Most dogs are abandoned during the summer and I still don't see any efforts from ANY municipality to stop this. They just want to take them out of sight, that's all--and people keep getting away with it. They still don't understand that they have to prevent this kind of thing from the beginning--with more survaeillance they sure will catch a couple of pet dumpers to set an example, for starters. People know this is wrong, but they do it anyway because there's no one to stop them.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know how you do this, it must get more sad each day. God bless you for what you do, I wish there was more people like you, you should be very proud. These poor poor dogs and cats my heart breaks but I keep on reading

Anonymous said...

Thank you for bringing the plight of these poor creatures to the attention of the world. I have shared your blog with some of my friends who have also become regular readers. We are trying to put together some kind of a donation to send to help this situation and save as many of these guys as we can.

Sandra said...

Thanks to all. Right now we still have a couple of puppies, Hans, Alyssa, Maggie and some other nice dogs at the beach that need to be rescued.

Ms Sarah said...

Hi! I was wondering if you have seen the dog in your second picture of this post again? My family and I think that she may be the sister of the puppy we adopted a couple of months ago. Here's a photo of her.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v117/soimarriedsarah/102_6167.jpg

Sandra said...

She looks like her. From where you adopted your dog? And what was her original name?

Ms Sarah said...

Her name was Beth and we found her on petfinder, I believe we went through Ginny, picked her up in Port Saint Lucie.

Sandra said...

Was that around April/May? If it's Beth, then she's was on People's magazine a couple of months ago. She's big! I have a couple of pictures of her.

Ms Sarah said...

Yes, I forgot about that, she was on people. She has gotten big, she's adorable, you have pictures of Tala(Beth) or pictures of that other dog that might be her sister? Do you think there is any relation?

Sandra said...

I don't have meany pictures of her, but some. She's in one of blogs too. Where i can send the pictures?
The other female dog looked thin and your Tala has a broad chest. Unfortunately i haven't seen her again.

Ms Sarah said...

My email is melloncolliex33x@aol.com
Thanks alot