Nov 19, 2008

Sad news


The emaciated puppy died this morning. This is what Sandy wrote:

"...I went in the back of the vets office with her new sheepskin bed and the cage was empty, my heart just sank to my stomach and my eyes welled having this worst feeling. The staff looked at me knowing how upsetting this was but didn't have the heart to tell me. The vet was busy with another client then he came to tell me that she had died this morning. They had done everything they could for her but she was too far gone. I was at least comforted in knowing that she had died with dignity, some food in her tummy, love from us all and a warm bed rather than the slow agonizing death if you hadn't come across her".

"The doctor said she passed quietly this morning. She gave up eating yesterday afternoon and they continued to give her liquids through her mouth along with the nutrical and other oral vitamins. They wanted to do an IV drip to give her liquids when we first brought her in but since she was so dehydrated they couldn't even find a vein..."

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear that this poor innocent creature died. Thank you for helping her out. You are an angel.

Kim said...

What a brave little soul she was.
It's face I won't forget.
So sad.

denise said...

I am saddened and angry about this!! she did not have to have such a horrible life. thanks to you, she had love and food for her last few hours on earth...;-(

Sandra said...

Yes, that's too sad. It looked like she's was going to make it until yesterday evening--she was eating and her diarrhea was gone but she was still weak, then she stopped eating. Maybe she had some damage after being in that condition for so long--she was all bones covered in fine mangy skin. I don't think she had more than 6 weeks old.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear this. I was praying for this puppy to make it. You are truly an angel and I pray that you continue to have the strength to deal with you see every day. I will do all I can over here to help in any way I can. I weep for this little girl.

Liz said...

I am shedding tears too. May God embrace this innocent soul as she enters the gates of heaven to a place where there is no more pain and suffering. Thank you for caring and helping as much as you could.
Liz C.

Anonymous said...

I was so saddened to see that this little soul passed. I was hoping she would be able to pull through and find a fantastic home to see what a dogs life SHOULD be. But at least you and Sandy were able to give her at least a few hours of a full tummy and love.